Friday, January 24, 2014

Homicidal with a side of Calm

2pm: Catherine asks me to take her dog for a few months. My dad was never fond of taking in visitors, even before his worst changes. My mom wouldn't even weigh in on the dog issue and suggested that I could at least ask my dad. 
2:10: Gently, gingerly, explain to my dad that a long-time friend needs me to take her dog for a couple months. 
"No," he butts in before I get any farther. 
"But you didn't even hear the details." I contest. "It will stay outside except at night when it goes in a kennel and she's paying for everything it needs." 
After some silence, "Well?" I probe. 
"Are you done?" he confirms. 
"Yeah." 
"No." 
"Why not?" 
"No." 
"So you don't have a reason?" 
"We're conversing and I didn't want that!" 
"You say you love us but you really don't show it." 
"I'm done." And he leaves in a huff (after pushing through my legs to get past the desk). 

I recounted the conversation to my mom and stressed that he needs to be taken into treatment against his will or at least have a family intervention. She doesn't support that idea. 
I ran downstairs crying and took away the power cable and Ethernet connection from my dad's computer (when he left he took laundry to the laundromat because he refused any sort of solution to our broken washing machine), then warned my mom to prepare for Hell. She asked what was wrong and I screamed in my rare demon voice (just sounds that way because I was so loud and angry), "Nothing! We have perfect fucking lives!" I proceeded to slam my bedroom door, lock it and lose my shit (tears, hair pulling, snot nose, uncontrollable sobbing noises). 
My mom came downstairs to check on me and apparently only cared that I try to hurt myself. 
I kept screaming at her to go away. I don't even remember the conversation. It is now 2:50pm. 

While she was running errands this morning I sent her a cute "I miss you" text and she just barely got it after all the screaming!!! She replied "I miss you, too. Want me to come talk to you?" 
I ignored the message and she came down anyway so I had to explain that I sent that while she was gone this morning!!!! 

I don't know what Dad is going to do when he sees that I have interfered with his cozy hidey hole. Heaven forbid he have a conversation that he's not comfortable with!

I want to kill my dad, then Mom will get Social Security survivors benefits and I can take care of Catherine's dog. 
AND YET I still can't get inpatient help for myself. Not in Utah, anyway. 

No comments: