Monday, June 18, 2012

condescending

My mother really picks at me sometimes. Well, often.
There are two main issues that she gives me a lot of... "encouragement" about. I say that so carefully because I know she must mean well but the things she says actually make me feel terrible and resentful.
Today we got on the topic of my church non-attendance because I had neglected to pay tithing from my most recent paycheck and told I would try to pay it with my next check.
It surely struck her as appropriate to nag at me to attend meetings at the local singles ward to find my soul mate. She doesn't care too much for me meeting guys online. After all, they're not LDS! Oh, and they could be creepers, too.
I am more active in the LDS church than any of her other five children so why can't she just be thankful for that? She doesn't even know that I'm bisexual, sexually active, or have no aversion to getting a second, third or fourth tattoo!
On another note, she's incredibly judgmental about my weight and food choices.
I eat a lot of junk, I've gained a lot of weight. I GET IT. She doesn't want to see me activating the diabetes that is likely lingering in my body somewhere.
I already feel bad enough about binging and not being able to wear 90% of the clothes I own. If I had any need to please my mother I'd have a severe eating disorder by now.


I wonder if she's noticed that my last period was in March. Yeah, it concerns me. At this point I chalk it up to my weight, and a little bit to the stress of my job, life, etc.


This is where I'll cut off my post today.
Actually, I'm starting a new group therapy that focuses on making behavioral/cognitive changes to support weight loss. I mayyy keep you posted on that.

No comments: